Lead the SAFe transformation in your public organization
Making the transition to Lean-Agile practices in a government agency isn’t easily done. With the right information and strategies, you can show your organization the way and overcome issues of legacy governance, contracting and organizational barriers. Discover what the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) can do for government and become a SAFe Government Practitioner.
This two-day SAFe for Government course will teach you the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®). You will learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and learn why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. You will also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe.
The SAFe for Government training teaches you what’s involved in a government Lean-Agile transformation. After taking the SAFe 5.1 Government Practitioner exam, you’ll certify as a SAFe Government Practitioner (SGP).
Our SAFe for Government courses are taught by one or two SPCs (SAFe Program Consultants). These inspiring trainers are consultants who are active in the field and have extensive SAFe experience in training and implementing SAFe at large organizations.
During this two-day course you will learn to:
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
Exam & Certification
When you pass the SAFe 5.1 Government Practitioner exam, you’ll receive a SAFe® 5.1 Government Practitioner certificate, with a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online. A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 5.1 Government Practitioner, which includes access to the SGP Community of Practice. Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned, and costs $100.
We’ll provide you with a SAFe Government Practitioner certification usage guide with SP certification marks as well as access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
Didn’t pass the exam? You can try again! Each new attempt comes with a fixed exam fee.