TRANSITION PUBLIC SECTOR PROGRAMS FROM TRADITIONAL TO LEAN-AGILE
Transition public sector programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindsets, principles, and practices using the Scaled Agile Framework by becoming a SAFe® for Government leader.
During this two-day course, you will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. You will also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe.
GET TO KNOW THE BASIC PRINCIPLES OF SCALING AGILE WITHIN A FEW MINUTES!
TWO-DAY TRAINING PROGRAM
Each course day starts around 9:00 and ends at 17:00 hours, including lunch and intermission.
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models
to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and
governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in
Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency.
The class registration includes:
• Attendee workbook
• One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
• Course certificate of completion
• One Certification exam attempt upon General Availability of the course
Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned
• Renewal fee: $100
This course is designed for government leaders and influencers who can guide the decision to adopt SAFe within their agency or program. Examples include:
• Executives, directors, branch chiefs
• Managers of development, engineering, QA, architecture, operations, support
• Program and project managers
• Program/Project Management Office (PMO)
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However,
meeting the following prerequisites will make the training more productive.
• A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean,
and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
• A foundational understanding of the full lifecycle of government technology
programs is helpful
• Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile
in government that will be beneficial to review before the course
- Maximum number of participants:
- Level:Awareness, Foundation, Advanced, Master
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard