The next step in the Scrum Master’s Learning Path
The two-day SAFe Advanced Scrum Master training prepares current Scrum Masters for their leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) implementation.
The training covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts.
The SAFe Advanced Scrum Master training offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
During the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master training you will learn to:
- Apply SAFe principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in a multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at scale
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Learn to apply Kanban eXtreme Programming (XP) frameworks to optimize flow and improve the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A SAFe 4 Advanced Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Advanced Scrum Master, which includes access to the SASM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification usage guide with SASM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
TWO-DAY TRAINING PROGRAM
Each course day starts around 9:00 and ends at 17:00 hours, including lunch and intermission.
- Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
- Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
- Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Facilitating program execution
- Improving flow with Kanban and XP
- Building high-performing teams
- Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, having one or more of the following certifications is highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) certification exam:
- SAFe® 4 Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
- Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certification
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4 Advanced Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam
- Exam Access: First attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 60
- Language: English
- Passing Score: 70%
- Sample Test Questions
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile program managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
- Period 2 days
- Maximum number of participants:18
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard
Scott Thomas Kerr - Review: 9/10
Trainer was very helpful and knowledgeable.
Mark Adler - Review: 10/10
Trainer (Hans) was excellent. He adapted the course to fit our backgrounds and experience and did a good job of keeping the class interested and engaged.
Eline Haarmans - Review: 8/10
Niet heel veel nieuwe stof, wel heel leuk om ook van andere bedrijven te horen hoe het daar gaat, en trainer bracht de stof erg goed over.
Stephan Rietveld - Review: 9/10
Lots of refreshments and deep dive
Tine Verhoeven - Review: 7/10
As an SPC, the content of the course did not bring me much news. What it díd bring me was a good rehursel of my SAFe knowledge and a lot of practical tips from a very professional en pleasent trainer, Ali Hajou. What I also liked was the experience of my fellow colleges during the course; their point of views related to their organisations, ánd the fact that the course was given in Dutch.
Desmond Edwards - Review: 9/10
Liked - the exercises and the video. The Trainer, Silvio, was very good. He explained the material well, especially as English is not his native language. Improve - The course material arrived late
Steve Brzezinski - Review: 9/10
Good comprehensive overview of SAFe. Improvement areas: Printed material -- A lot of the diagrams had very small font making it difficult to read in the handout book. Slide in book .. SAFe Implementation Roadmap. Would have likes to spend a little more time at the beginning of the course understanding the roadmap and our responsibilities and reviewing each day
Henny van Gerwen - Review: 8/10
Liked flexibility of trainer, based on experience we could select those topics that needed attention.
Onno Koers - Review: 7/10
Decent course. I think its nice for Scrum Masters to exchange experiences.
Wim Van de Goor - Review: 8/10
The course content was explicitly targeted for the certification exams. There was little time to go into advanced scrum master topics, such as reflections on experiences and problems in current projects.
Rudi Blok - Review: 8/10
From a content point of view a lot of overlap with the standard SAFe Scrum Master course. Expected a bit more advances topic w.r.t. soft skills.
Sara Sequeira - Review: 10/10
Good opportunity to share different experiences, trainers are very knowledgeable, nice training.