Facilitate, execute and improve your company’s Agile Release Trains
Getting an organization to change takes more than just motivation and a plan. It depends on efficiency, leadership and on everyone working together. With Agile Release Trains (ARTs), you’re working to achieve just that. And it’s up to you as the Release Train Engineer to take the lead. Make sure every team is perfectly aligned, get impediments removed and bring the ART to run increasingly smooth and efficient. Help your organization take any hurdle with ease and embrace change.
Every year, we see more companies on the market turning their attention to the IT areas/departments. That’s not different from Pharmaceutical industry. Recent reports shows that the IT departments are no longer considered as cost centers, but a business unit on itself and this is a key turning point – Traditional industries are becoming software/IT oriented. However, this requires the knowledge on how to create big solutions at scale, in the most efficient manner, through continuous experimentation and feedback. The RTE (Release Train Engineer) has a pivotal role on this scenario as this role is all about facilitation, improvement, efficiency and helping to connect the dots.
On this training, the RTEs-to-be will learn techniques from the theory side, but also, they will have the opportunity to learn from the experience of their peers, also coming from the same field as they come. It’s a 3 very intense days of discovery, study, learnings and, of course, many laughs.
Facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs)—and learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach—when you become a SAFe® 5.1 Release Train Engineer (RTE).
Our Release Train Engineer courses are taught by one or two SPCTs (SAFe Program Consultant Trainers). These inspiring trainers are consultants who are active in the field and have extensive SAFe experience in training and implementing SAFe at large organizations.
During this three-day course you will learn to:
- Effectively perform the role of the Release Train Engineer
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value
- Assist with program and large solution execution
- Foster relentless improvement
- Build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Develop an action plan to continue the learning journey
Exam & Certification
When you pass the Release Train Engineer exam you’ll receive a SAFe Release Train Engineer certificate, with a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online. A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Release Train Engineer is also included, granting you access to the RTE Community of Practice.
You’ll be provided with a SAFe Release Train Engineer certification usage guide with RTE certification marks and gain access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
Didn’t pass the exam? You can try again! Each new attempt will cost $50.
Please note: the program for our virtual courses may vary. The hours are approximately 6 hours per day and may be extended with an extra course day.
Three-day course program
The Release Train Engineer course is a three-day training program. Each course includes a [30-minute] lunch break and [an afternoon break].
During the program, we’ll go into the following topics:
- Identifying SAFe essentials
- Learning the RTE role and responsibilities
- Understanding the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Collaborating through Value Streams
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Coaching the ART
- Continuing the Learning Journey
You’re welcome to attend the Release Train Engineer course when you’ve worked as a Scrum Master for some time, if you want to take the next step and if you’re interested and motivated to become an RTE. If you’ve already been practicing as an RTE, this course helps you hone your skills and gain a better understanding of the intent behind the rituals and principles.
For those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification;
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI.
- Exam name – SAFe Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format –Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Release Train Engineer course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing grade – 44 out of 60 questions (73%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – The first exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee, if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – A second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the retake policy.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attending this course means that you may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
You may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Your organization has embraced the Scaled Agile environment and is working with several Agile Release Teams. The Release Train Engineer course is an advanced training program for the experienced Scrum Master that wants to take the next step and take the lead on the overall program level. Coach all the Scrum Masters in the ART, improve programs and make sure every aspect runs smoothly.
After completing this course, you’ll have gained or deepened a thorough understanding of your role and will have had plenty of opportunities to share insights and experiences with your fellow RTEs.
Course attendees typically include:
- RTEs and Solution Train Engineers (STEs)
- Program and project managers
- Scrum Masters
- Leaders and managers
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Period 3 days
- Maximum number of participants:24
- Lunch included:No
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard