Thrive in the digital age with Business Agility
The Scaled Agile framework® has become the weapon of choice for global leaders to become Lean-Agile enterprise and thrive in disruptive markets. With Leading SAFe, your journey into the framework begins. The two-day course Leading SAFe gives you what you need to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise successfully into the adoption of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe). Derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps, SAFe is the framework chosen by global market leaders to leverage Business Agility.
Learn how to establish team and technical Agility. Organize and re-organize around the flow of value. Master the skills to support and execute PI Planning events and coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs). You will also explore the importance of adopting a customer-centric mindset and a Design-Thinking approach to Agile Product Delivery. Implement Lean Portfolio Management in your enterprise to meaningfully connect strategy with execution.
Lead the transformation to embrace Business Agility, with Leading SAFe 5.0!
Our Leading SAFe courses are taught by one or two SPCs (SAFe Program Consultant). These inspiring trainers are consultants who are active in the field and have SAFe experience in training and implementing SAFe at large organizations.
During this two-day course you will learn to:
- Become a Lean-thinking Manager-Teacher
- Apply the values and principles of a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Apply SAFe’s Lean and Agile principles to the roles and practices of SAFe
- Create high-performing teams and trains by establishing mission and purpose
- Lead the transformation with the SAFe Implementation Roadmap
- Support PI Planning and the events associated with successful Program execution
- Drive Release on Demand with the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Establish alignment and execution with Strategic Themes and Lean Portfolio
Exam & Certification
When you pass the Leading SAFe exam, you’ll receive a SAFe® 5 Scaled Agilist (SA) certificate, with a digital badge to share and promote your accomplishment online. A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Agilist is also included, granting you access to the SA Community of Practice. Furthermore, we’ll provide you with a SAFe Agilist certification usage guide with SA certification marks, as well as access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
Didn’t pass the exam? You can try again! Each new attempt will cost $50.
Please note: the program for our virtual courses may vary. The hours are approximately 6 hours per day and may be extended with an extra course day.
Two-day training program
The Leading SAFe course is a two-day training program. Each course day starts at 9:00 and ends at 17:00, and includes a [30-minute] lunch break and [an afternoon break].
During the program, we’ll go into the following topics:
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating high-performing teams and trains
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building a Lean Portfolio
- Leading the transformation
Anyone is welcome to attend the Leading SAFe course, regardless of role or experience.
For those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Agilist (SA) certification exam, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management;
- experience in Scrum.
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Agilist Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Leading SAFe course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing grade – 34 out of 45 questions (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – The first exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee, if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – A second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the retake policy.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attending this course means that you may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
You may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance.
You work in an organization where a movement towards an Agile way of working is in progress or desired. The Leading SAFe course is suitable for every role within the organization. Whether you’re responsible for a product, a service, a project, a program or a portfolio. Whether you work as a manager, a consultant or an executive professional.
After completing this training program, you’ll be able to apply the principles of SAFe® in order to further develop your organization in a rapidly changing environment.
Course attendees typically include:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA, and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects
- Period 2 days
- Maximum number of participants:40
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard
- Aarohi Zaveri - Rating: 6/10
The course material is concise and to the point. Perhaps more hands-on in class exercises. The instructor was good, kept it brief and concise. More experienced agile/SAFe coach would be more helpful
- Gangadevi Mahadeva Saraswathi - Rating: 9/10
Overall experience was good. Materials were informative, trainer enabled discussion which helped in further discussion on SAFe and applicability from department perspective.
- Arno van Lier - Rating: 8/10
+ Good combination theory and labs - name of training is SAFe Foundation. Morning session was spent on Agile. Only started at 1.00pm with SAFe
- Herman Vrolix - Rating: 8/10
Trainer was very well up to speed despite his limited time connected the organization P&I. Good interaction and time for discussion. there were 2 people (at one point 3) where for me is still unclear what the added value was of the second person (minus 2 points).
- Maarten Teunissen - Rating: 9/10
Very good and expierenced trainer (Ali). Goal of the day was clear.
- Minoru Fukushima - Rating: 8/10
Trainer's skill is good in general, always tried to answer for every participant's questions. It was bad sending wrong text book and therefore we couldn't use it during the course.
- Eisuke Nagao - Rating: 9/10
I can study basis of Agile Framework. I think it is not difficult to apply with my work soon, but I want to expand this framework to my work/our work.
- Tsuyoshi Morimoto - Rating: 8/10
Program incl. trainer and tools were generally good and I could get what I was expected. We got worng paper textbook and got digital version at the end of 1st day. I do not yet get right textbook in paper version. I'm disappointed at the web site for final exam because I got problem at the final question of final exam and can't proceed.
- Cindy Barquero Sujar - Rating: 9/10
The provide content is huge, maybe too much for a 2 days training, taking the exam (certification) will require some study and time which is sometime difficult with our busy lives, but we don't get anything without effort right? The trainer was very good, clear, patient and really took the time to answer all of our questions. Personally this course respond to my expectations - now I just have to succeed with the exam and we'll see if it has been as efficient as I think :)
- Meuric O. (Olivier) - Rating: 7/10
I definitely liked the energy and competencies of the trainer. It is truly difficult to cover the content of the course in two days. This particular course was definitely degraded by a sub-group who truly did not come to the course to learn but rather because they were most likely told and definitely were a distraction.
- Andres Valerie - Rating: 9/10
I appreciated the interactivity of the course and the constant request of the trainer for our feed-backs on our understanding and/or need for further explanations/examples. I liked the games or team exercises very much as this is for me the best way for the training to stick in the brain. The trainer was very clear in his explanations. What can be improved is the start of the training, first hour and a half I would say that seem very long and slow to me.
- Doucy Sebastien - Rating: 9/10
+ : good interactions / trainer inputs very valuable / focus on what important for the audience - : there could be a bit more focus on SAFe critical value to the Amadeus organization
- Ginestet Yannick - Rating: 7/10
As I know Agile since long time (SCRUM, Kanban as facilitator/scrum master), i was expected to focus more time on: what is new for the team, to spend more time on the PI planning, then to the PI refinement to prepare the PI planning, and also, on vocabulary related to items. The last exercise on Madrian should be prepare like that: do a refinement in order to have people ready for the PI planning, and already see that some design need to be done previously. I was waiting more answer related to the people management: Safe seems not to really do guidance on managing people in term of objectives/training/assignment to teams, etc.. which is important for a company of 18000 people: you cannot choose and move like that. Anyway, it was useful to have a global picture of Safe. Cheers.
- Bonetto ChristianJacques - Rating: 8/10
Like: exchanges with trainer & the group To improve: more time on PI Planning
- Dhanesh Thakkar - Rating: 9/10
It was really grt experience and love to learn more about SAFe
- Yasuji takeuchi - Rating: 10/10
Abram listened to the attendees, and provided the clear answer.
- Valentin Schell - Rating: 7/10
I like the atmosphere, amount of people and trainer. I think you can improve the practical aspect of SAFe a lot with more practical examples.
- Peter O. (Olivier) - Rating: 9/10
like the fast-paced delivery of relevant and practical information
- Sijbers F. (Frank) - Rating: 7/10
Longer training days. On Friday only 6 hours used... so not the maximum of available hours used...
- Simon Pilhar - Rating: 8/10
Generally I missed the big picture, a kind of red line through the course. Well aware that it is a complex topic and a group of 12 people is highly dynamic in terms of discussions. I got a lot of insights and learnt a lot but as mentioned the overall picture I did not get.
- Joerg Setzepfand - Rating: 8/10
The location and catering was very nice. The meeting room was well equipped. The material presented was good. The coach was very friendly and very willing to answer all our questions. Sometimes I got a bit lost with the practical examples. A bit more explanation or guidance would have been nice I think.
- Silva H. (Henrique) - Rating: 9/10
Top trainer and facilities. Very friendly and helpful people working for Gladwell. Only less positive point is: in my opinion the training subject is too much for only 2 days.
- Panja M. (Monica) - Rating: 8/10
Really good course with pretty good content.I have only one recommendation that the time should be exceeded and include few more practical exercises
- Gry Elstad Strande - Rating: 8/10
I really liked the training session going through the Safe Agile framework talking about how we can use this way of working in Canal Digital. We focused on relevant examples for our organisation.
- MadanKumar Jayapal - Rating: 8/10
Very useful course. The trainer has good understanding on the concepts and application of them as well. Apart from how to apply, the most important element I liked is we discussed what and why to use SAFe.
- Riem Frielink - Rating: 8/10
I already new some terminology but now I understand better what they mean and the total context, which is important to understand their individual contribution. I think it was agood mixture of theory and practice.
- Digvijay Upadhyay - Rating: 7/10
It was a good experience
- Tashina Jamal Syed - Rating: 6/10
The venue and food were not good. The content and handouts were good.
- Silvio Croce - Rating: 7/10
It is very good to give general principles to management but I would have liked more insights about SAFE.
- Gijs van Bokhoven - Rating: 8/10
Nice training, gives lot of insights on why we struggles with now in the organization.
- Tomas Campodonico - Rating: 8/10
It was a good course, very interactive and the teachers were very patient to explain all the doubts we had.
- James Downes - Rating: 8/10
I liked the presentation and the dynamic changing of emphasis during the two days dependent on what we as audience expected to get form the course. Also the speakers knowledege of the topic was good. I found that I could follow the course not having had any previous training in the AGILE framework nor in scrums. There was perhaps slightly too much reliance on the acronyms of scrum and SAFe rather than explaining the terms, but I think perhaps it's difficult to give such a course without using those acronyms. I notice as a native english speaker it's hard to 'reprogram' myself to accept the new meaning of words in the specific context of scrum, AGILE and SAFe. e.g. The word 'feature' and the word 'story' are very long established words in english and the meaning, especially the relative meaning, assigned to the words in SAFe is confusing. In english a story can have many features (e.g. it's a childrens story, it's a short story, it's a story with a message, etc.) whereas in the SAFe language apparently a single feature has multiple stories. In the end I could manage and I don't think there's another way to do it.
- Laura Esteve - Rating: 9/10
The main trainer (Marijt) was great in every sense, course dynamic, own experience, mood, examples. With the 2nd trainer, though he has a great guy one could tell he was not as experienced, and it was hard to follow what he was trying to explain.
- Ivan Cebrecos Muñoz - Rating: 10/10
There is too much content but the trainers were as good so god that everything was easy to understand
- Juan Manuel Alberro - Rating: 10/10
Trainers are really good, the training is all theory so it could be boring at some time but they did a great job of bringing all our attention.
- Frank Morselt - Rating: 8/10
Good hands-on in the framework
- Kees Kotterink - Rating: 8/10
I liked the broad overview and good explaination of the priciples and practice of SAF en especially the open discussion on how to manage the change/transition. I did like the exercise 'PI workshop', it was however somewhat choatic and it was not explained well what was expected from us.
- Fokke de Jong - Rating: 7/10
The underlying assumptions / limitation on SAFe are not discussed. Also, little evidence is given that implementing safe is beneficial for a company. It does state that it takes years to implement - in the mean time leading to less productivity.
- Javier Oggento - Rating: 9/10
I really like the course. The trainers were excellent, and seemed to have really good experience in giving these courses, as well as applying safe in practical situations. It would be really great to be able to have dedicated time during this courses, to discuss some particular situations of the people attending, and just have a couple starting points for going agile.
- Alvaro Peñalba - Rating: 9/10
I liked taking knowledge of how to scale Agile
- Srikanth Suman Garishakurthi - Rating: 9/10
- Kavitha SRINIVASA - Rating: 7/10
Training material was well defined for structure and content .More assignments and simulations would be helpful.
- Ekaterina Taraikouskaya - Rating: 7/10
The course was very nice and our coach was super cool. Could be bigger audience room as the screen was to close.
- Marc Patoureaux - Rating: 9/10
great trainers, great content and practical exercises were relevant and well executed
- Cedric Dourthe - Rating: 7/10
interactivity with group exercises was much appreciated Not going into detail of Lean Portfolio Management was effectively missing
- Didier Avargues - Rating: 8/10
2 days is short to cover all training materials. Course structuration is weak.
- Loic Rioual - Rating: 7/10
A big part of the course was Agile It tooks time to go into Safe really I appreciated the video and examples and also the PI exercise It is a lot of slides for 2 days only
- Christine Chaffard Sauze - Rating: 9/10
Excellen trainer, lots of contents, good balance listening vs exercises
- Sophie Dallanegra - Rating: 8/10
very dense course, with many notions to absorb but very good interaction
- Yannick Blancafort - Rating: 7/10
I liked the exercises as it allowed me to practise. Area of improvement: the pace for the second part of the training which was the most dense in information was addressed very quickly. The trainer was knowledgeable.