Build and execute the implementation rollout strategy of your organization
Our SPC courses are delivered by one or two SPCT’s (SAFe Program Consultants Trainers). Our SPCT’s have extensive SAFe experience with training and implementing SAFe at large organizations.
Become a leading agent for change—and enable your enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when you certify as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC). During this four-day course, you’ll learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise.
You will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and build a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide you with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable you to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower you to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
During this four-day course you will learn to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Build a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and coach Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains with a Solution Train
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe® 4 SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4) certificate
- A SAFe 4 Program Consultant digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Program Consultant, which includes access to the SPC Community of Practice
- A SAFe Program Consultant certification usage guide with SPC certification marks
- Access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe (SAFe Agilist SA), SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), and SAFe for Teams (SAFe Practitioner (SP)
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during and throughout their SAFe journey.
If you do not pass for the exam and want to try it again, €250,- will be charged
FOUR-DAY TRAINING PROGRAM
Each course day starts around 8:30 and ends at 17:30 hours, including lunch and intermission.
DAY 1 & 2: Leading SAFe®
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Trains
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building a Lean Portfolio
- Leading the Transformation
- About the Exam
DAY 3 & 4: Implementing SAFe®
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming an SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
- Exam name – SAFe 4 Program Consultant Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe 4.5 course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA and IT management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance Personnel
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
- Period 4 days
- Maximum number of participants:18
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard
Annette Driller - Review: 8/10
I like: well edicated and especially well experienced Trainers (with deep practical experience), short, but crisp exercises, strong structure of the Course What can be improved: a Little bit more room for discussion/questions/Experience sharing
Rudolf Pfriender - Review: 9/10
class room in the first 2 days was too small. godd experienced trainers. A little bit of a hurry going through the chapters in time. Very little time for discussions about excercises and opinions
Vytautas Taujanskas - Review: 8/10
The course content is aggregation of many ideas in one place. It can be better prepared to be more consolidated
Benoit Gobert - Review: 7/10
I liked the deep dive into SAFe framework. What could be improved is more preparation exercises for the exam.
Virginia Corvino - Review: 9/10
Since I had already attended the leading SAFe class, the first two days were a bit long. The other two were really interesting, full of role games helping understanding how to handle coaching on a train.
Antonio Domingo Medina - Review: 8/10
Liked it overall, trainers were excellent. I miss more depth and a prescriptive approach to implement LPM and Lean Budgets
Marta Carrasco - Review: 9/10
The trainers were good. Good documentation. The training was a bit intensive the first day. Maybe a different arrangement could work better (4,5 days instead of 4.. ) The training location was not very fit for a training (round tables set-up made body postures forced and uncomfortable, food was monotonous and scarce for vegetarians)
Daniel Santiago - Review: 8/10
The first 2 days are the same as the Leading SAFe, a course I already did, so it was a bit repetitive. it may be worth to review the training journey to avoid this. The second 2 days are dedicated to the roadmap, and when going to the Portfolio level, I had the feeling SAFe does not provide a complete and reliable framework as it does for the Team and Program levels. The trainers were very good, enthusiastic, engaging audience, etc. Fully recommendable, as well as having two trainers help audience to keep the engagement, and trainers to rest :) Games and dynamics: Kahoot cool one, videos so so, games done in the training so so too.
Georg Blume-Schulz - Review: 9/10
The course was awesome and interesting. The only thing I'd love to see improved is the slide-deck as it was really really REALLY text heavy and not as complementary. I'm aware that this is a tough challenge for a centralized slide deck but still ... :)
Brigitte Thie - Review: 9/10
Great teachers, good balance between theory and practice. Location was good as was the food.
Jacco van der Bij - Review: 8/10
Trainers were enthusiastic, knowledgeable and energetic. Good job in general. With a bit more screening of some of the questions we would have benefitted more from some of the planned exercises. In terms of content, it was more IT-development focussed than what I had expected.
Jan Klabbers - Review: 8/10
Nice trainers, very entertaining and knowledgable. Course packed, long days, last hours of the day not to effective.
Gonda Storms - Review: 8/10
The experience of the teacher who was able to link theory to practice was very good. The exercises and the start of the exercises could be better prepared. Although doing exercises helps you a lot in understanding the theory.
Marc Burggraaff - Review: 8/10
A lot of content. Would have liked more time spent on implementing SAFe. Trainers very good en experienced.
Faroek Lalmahomed - Review: 8/10
The setup was good. Although there was a lot of theorie the course leader was able to combine that with practical aspects.
Davor Basic - Review: 9/10
Good balance between theory and exercises. But more exercises could help to deepen the knowledge, for example to make the interaction of roles, events, artefacts and the resulting pitfalls more comprehensible. Odile's support was excellent and location was great. I'm looking forward to the next training session in December :-)
Michel Grouwstra - Review: 8/10
Top:Nice atmosphere and lots of humour created by the trainers. A lot of examples out of real life and experience. Tip: The knowledge of Lean of the trainers could be extended more in depth. The Implementatie part of the SPC training did not get that much attention as the Leading Safe part.
Zdravco Kovacevic - Review: 9/10
It is nice to have international collega's in the course - exchange experience. Coach has also big experience and hi can motivate people! to improve: the student group was too big - 30 people
Nikita Poselyanov - Review: 10/10
Everything was awesome, trainers, organization all!
Victor do Rosario - Review: 9/10
Top: The trainers were inspiring and had a lot of experience in change-management. There was room for questions. Tips: It would have been nice, for example, after course day 1 to immediately do an online business case or exercise. This has the advantage that what you have practiced during this course day can apply immediately. There was a student who constantly asked questions about situations within his company and that sometimes went too deep. Occasionally this caused irritations. Small group of 20 people and better separation between people with a lot of Safe experience and no Safe experience.
Jessica van der Linden - Review: 7/10
It prepares you well on the contents of giving a leading SAFe training. However the focus for me (being particully interested in the implementation part) could have been more on the implementing part such as value stream definition and portfolio management. Eelco and Niels are a great combination in energy and didactic skills
Brice Rachete - Review: 8/10
Le duo de formateur était au top. Une répartition des thèmes très bien faite avec une alternance de théorie et d'atelier en équipe très réussi. L'accueil était également très bien, durant ces 4 jours nous avons été soigné et chouchouté.
Frédéric GENDRE - Review: 8/10
Emmanuel Ventura-Villenueva - Review: 9/10
Very helpful content and a good trainer with lot of experiences.
Alexis Bonnerat - Review: 10/10
The trainers were very good, well prepared, able to keep the group dynamic on track and cover all topics. The location could have been more central / accessible, and please, provide a room "with a view": spending 4 days in a room without natural light is not convenient. For this I'm not sure I would recommend Gladwell over other training centers.
Jean Pierre Vickoff - Review: 8/10
Rien a redire tout était parfaitement organisé.
Laurent Thomas - Review: 8/10
I liked the exercises. I wished I could have had a little more time for reviewing the Fundamentals (vocabulary, general architecture, ...)
Nicolas Umiastowski - Review: 7/10
Very weel time-boxed by the trainers : we made all the slides and activities in time + questions and open space There was a problem with the venue : very cold room,no heating, and the windows were colsed but very thin, so the cold entered from the outside !
Amit Anand - Review: 9/10
It was a great learning experience and huge content covered in 4 days !
Rohan Pawar - Review: 9/10
Training was excellent.
Rashmi Mallikarjuna - Review: 8/10
Practice sessions and real time examples by the coach was very good
Richa Kalra - Review: 9/10
Trainer was very good .most of the concepts were clear but inclusion of case studies will help more
Vikram Vaishampayan - Review: 8/10
Experience was very good.
Deepa Patil - Review: 10/10
Content was appropriate and Anand was too great. Anand explained each point with his experiences and he kept all sessions interactive. Very much satisfied with his teaching
Nico Hazenbos - Review: 9/10
My training goals were met: to really understand the framework, it's logic and effect. And to learn how to implement and coach an Agile release train.
Sebastian Reucker - Review: 8/10
We had a good time. A good mixture between practice and theory. Was well organized.
Anthony Drapers - Review: 9/10
Firstly, I'm happy with knowing the framework. I believe it is a necessity to make the Agile and Lean way of working a succes. From your training I like your trainers ( I've seen 3!), their way of training, your material and your facilities. What might be improved are the team assignments. The improvements I see would be in the restriction of the interpretation of the assignments therefore leading more stricktly towards the root of the assignment in stead of discussion about what the assignment should be.
Jeroen Kuijper - Review: 8/10
I liked to environment and the open attitude that was created. The thing I like to see being improved is the ammount of trainers, 3 in 4 days of training is a bit much in my opinion.
Ralf van der Ven - Review: 8/10
Liked to energy of the group and teachers. What could be better is timeboxing better the material. Firs days we had a lot of material which we needed to go through in last hour. Training after 17.00 most people have lost their attention.
Sid Dane - Review: 8/10
the engagement and enthousiasm of the trainers was excellent, and I liked the real-life examples from experience. Maybe 3 trainers on 1 course is a bit too much though.
Peter Joost - Review: 8/10
to keep: - Flexibility of the trainers in terms of providing answers to questions asked. to improve: - Sometimes, timeboxes were not held and led to skipping other (assumed less important) content. Suggestion: Run the whole 4 day training with in a scrum-like manner, create a training backlog and update the training burndown after each chapter closed. That would enable the whole group to decide upon current pace and where/when to speed up
Christoph Schulz - Review: 9/10
I liked the working atmosphere in the Course and the mixture of media and ways of working. The interaction of the two Trainers could have been a little smoother. Towards the end of the course it seemed several times as if we would run out of time which created Kind of a haste.
Sebnem Balaban - Review: 8/10
The course is very informative, and offers a very well grounded perspective of the framework. It can be further enriched with more interactive learning. As a 4 day intensive course, it can be more fun and memorable with more simulations and less slides. Time wise it would be better if the course was 5 days, which would give the platform to dig deeper into the topics or additional content can be shared. As certified SPC one is expected to train and coach others. It would be an amazing flavour if there are some simulations and learning blocks of being a change agent, coach, teacher, mentor and consultant.
Chris Alger - Review: 9/10
All good, more examples for projects and enterprises the attendees have would be useful. Google and facebook are not very relevant.
Guido Wiggerink - Review: 8/10
Great Trainer, Nice Location 25 participants is really heavy People without a mature understanding of IT and AGILE should be provided with some help with regard to prepare themselves to such a tough training
Kaboel Karso - Review: 10/10
In fact I had a very good and most of all a very experienced trainer who could come up with of examples of own real life experiences
Widjai Kishna - Review: 8/10
Liked the experienced trainers a lot. They made the difference. Th room was too small for the amount of students. But overall a very nice and fruitful experience!
Ahsanullah Bughio - Review: 10/10
I learned a lot in this course. participants were experienced and discussions were very insightful. trainers were well learned and delivered the content perfectly.