Design architecture for continuous value flow with SAFe
Every successful solution relies on well-developed technology and a thorough architectural view. The SAFe for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to think beyond their ART and engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents. Become a SAFe 5 Architect and improve collaboration and alignment in your enterprise to deliver the best architectural solutions.
In this three-day course you will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects. You’ll learn to appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution.
You will also work on developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps and learn to prepare and coordinate architecture for Program Increment (PI) Planning.
The SAFe for Architects training program provides you with an understanding of how architecture enables continuous value and contributes to a Lean-Agile enterprise. After taking the SAFe 5 Architect exam, you’ll certify as a SAFe Architect (ARCH).
Our SAFe for Architects courses are taught by one or two SPCs (SAFe Program Consultant). These inspiring trainers are consultants who are active in the field and have SAFe experience in training and implementing SAFe at large organizations.
Blog: Architecting while Agile? Yes, you can.
During this three-day course you will learn how to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
When you pass the SAFe Architect exam you’ll receive a SAFe® 5 Architect certificate, with a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online. A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Architect is also included, granting you access to the ARCH Community of Practice.
We’ll provide you with a SAFe Architect certification usage guide with SA certification marks as well as access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
Didn’t pass the exam? You can try again! Each new attempt comes with a fixed fee.
Three-day training program
The SAFe for Architects course is a three-day training program. Each course day starts at 8:30 and ends at 17:30, and includes a complimentary lunch and an afternoon break.
During the program, we’ll go into the following topics:
- Exemplifying Lean-Agile architecture
- Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand
- Aligning architecture with business value
- Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps
- Preparing architecture for Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Coordinating architecture throughout PI Planning
- Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI execution
- Supporting new Strategic Themes and Value Streams
- Leading as an architect during a Lean-Agile transformation
To be able to attend this course you should be familiar with Agile principles and practices. We also ask that you have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
After the training program, the trainer will send the participant’s details to the Scaled Academy (the accreditation organization). You’ll then receive three emails from the Scaled Academy:
- a welcome email that you can use to create your profile;
- a (mandatory) survey about the program where you can provide feedback;
- an email with a link to the exam, including instructions on how the exam works.
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Architect Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community platform upon completion of the SAFe® for Architects course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60. Some questions are worth more points than others. For example: A question where you select 3 out of 4 options is worth more points than a true or false question.
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – The first attempt is included as part of the course registration fee, if the exam is taken within 30 days of course and completed before midnight on the last day. Each retake attempt comes with a fixed fee.
- Retake policy – A second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the retake policy.
After the exam, your profile will automatically be updated when you’ve passed. The Scaled Agile Academy will inform you of this. You’ll then have access to the private online community and are able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile community. Until that moment, only you have the privilege to see your certification.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attending this course means that you may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
A Lean-Agile enterprise relies on a continuous value flow, and needs its architects to ensure it. The SAFe for Architects course is intended for senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises.
The course is also appropriate for if you’d like a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.
After completing this training program you’ll be able to function as an effective leader and change agent throughout your company.
Course attendees typically include:
- Period 3 days
- Maximum number of participants:18
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard