Architecting for continuous value flow with SAFe
Attendees can improve collaboration and alignment in a SAFe® Lean-Agile enterprise when they become a SAFe 4 Architect. The SAFe for Architects course prepares System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects to engage across the organization as effective leaders and change agents who collaboratively deliver architectural solutions.
During this three-day course, attendees will explore the roles, responsibilities, and mindset of Agile Architects, and appreciate how to align architecture with business value and drive continuous flow to large systems-of-systems while supporting SAFe program execution. This course is for senior technical contributors who need to understand the role of System, Solution, and Enterprise Architects in Lean-Agile enterprises. The course is also appropriate for individuals desiring a deeper view into how architecture enables continuous value flow and how architects engage in, and contribute to, a Lean-Agile enterprise.
GET TO KNOW THE BASIC PRINCIPLES OF SCALING AGILE WITHIN A FEW MINUTES!
During the SAFe for Architects course you will learn how to:
- Architect using SAFe principles
- Align architecture with business value
- Develop and communicate architecture vision and intent
- Plan architectural runway to enable delivery success
- Architect for continuous delivery and Release on Demand
- Lead and coach architects and team members during Program Increment (PI) Planning and execution
- Provide leadership during a Lean-Agile transformation
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe® 4 Architect certificate
- A SAFe® 4 Architect digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® 4 Architect, which includes access to the ARCH Community of Practice
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
If you do not pass for the exam and want to try it again, each retake attempt costs $50.
THREE-DAY TRAINING PROGRAM
Each course day starts around 8:30 and ends at 17:30 hours, including lunch and intermission.
- Exemplifying Lean-Agile architecture
- Architecting for DevOps and Release on Demand
- Aligning architecture with business value
- Developing Solution Vision, Solution Intent, and Roadmaps
- Preparing architecture for Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Coordinating architecture throughout PI Planning
- Supporting Continuous Delivery during PI execution
- Supporting new Strategic Themes and Value Streams
- Leading as an architect during a Lean-Agile transformation
Those who attend this course should be familiar with Agile principles and practices and must have attended at least one SAFe course prior to attending this one.
- Exam name: SAFe® 4 Architect Exam
- Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® for Architects course
- Exam duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2.0 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any retake questions.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT UNITS (PDUs) AND SCRUM EDUCATION UNITS (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
System, Solution, and Enterprise architects
Architects in supporting technical disciplines
Experienced software developers
Technical managers making architectural decisions
Product leaders collaborating with architects
- Period 3 days
- Maximum number of participants:18
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard