Mastering the Product Owner Stances
This 2-day Professional Product Owner – Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. The PSPO-A course is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities.
The course goes beyond the topics explored in the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) class by deepening the attendee’s understanding of the role through the exploration of the many stances of a professional Product Owner. This course is an interactive, experiential workshop where attendees explore topics through a series of exercises and discussions. Students should have at least one year of Product Owner experience and a practical knowledge of Scrum in order to participate in and benefit from these exercises. Having previously taken the PSPO class is recommended, but not required.
The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Product Owner II certification exam (PSPO II).
What you will learn:
The Product Owner’s role is multifaceted, requiring the practitioner to engage in behaviors and adopt mindsets beyond the core of Agility and the Scrum Framework. This course surfaces these behaviors by challenging the student to adopt several different Product Owner stances:
- Customer Representative – focused on understanding customer problems, challenges and potential opportunities
- Visionary – communicating the vision, future state and possibilities in ways that foster common understanding
- Experimenter – focusing on innovation, hypothesis testing and validating potential value to spark product innovation
- Influencer – communicating with and influencing stakeholders, customers and the Scrum Team to act with common purpose
- Collaborator – seeking input, ideas and feedback from others
- Decision Maker – focusing on creating maximum impact by making clear choices and decisions
Professional Scrum Product Product Owner II (PSPO II) certificate holders demonstrate an advanced level of Professional Scrum Product Ownership knowledge and understanding of how the Scrum framework can support the creation of value. They have shown an understanding of topics including: product vision, product backlog management, release and portfolio planning, business strategy, and working with stakeholders.
Each day starts at 9am and ends at 5pm, including breaks and lunch.
- Product Owner stances: get to know the different stances to navigate everyday challenges
- Customer/User Value: define, estimate, measure and evaluate value and organizational impact
- Stakeholders: identify and communicate with all stakeholders in a way that works
- Product Vision: learn how to use Storytelling to communicate your vision better
- Product Development: prioritize development by using outside-in techniques
- Product Innovation: define and design actionable experiments to encourage product innovation
The Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced course is an advanced course specifically designed for Product Owners and product managers who have practical experience managing or owning a product. It is also beneficial to Scrum Masters and stakeholders who work with Product Owners. Especially for those with at least one year experience of building products with a Scrum Team.
It is highly recommended to first participate in my Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) training course before you consider to register for this Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced training course.
- Period 2 days
- Maximum number of participants:18
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard