Prepare for the adoption of SAFe® at the portfolio level
With Lean Portfolio Management (LPM), a SAFe enterprise can align strategy and execution while maintaining its flow of value and innovation. As one of the five core competencies of the Lean enterprise, LPM is just what you need to get your company on the right track. Deepen your understanding of portfolio management and put your skills to work.
This three-day program (two-day interactive course + one-day workshop) will provide you with the knowledge necessary to organize around value for optimal business results, implement Lean-Agile program portfolio management, governance and budgeting. We will also teach you how to use and implement the Portfolio Kanban system to accelerate value flow to the programs. Learn all about setting up, aligning and implementing several projects at the same time, ensuring they all fit together as part of one whole focused on achieving strategic goals.
You will leave with a thorough understanding of how the principles and practices of the Framework accelerate Value Flow and support Lean-Agile Program Portfolio Management, Governance, Lean-Agile Budgeting and Software Capitalization and get the resources you need to implement Lean-Agile Portfolio Management.
During this three-day course you will learn to:
- Describe the importance of LPM
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Implement Lean budgeting and guardrails
- Establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with APMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- How to get started with LPM in your organization (Workshop)
Three-day training program
The SAFe Lean Portfolio Management course is a three-day training program: two-day interactive course that teaches the practical tools and techniques + one-day workshop to help Enterprise teams get started with LPM in their organization. Each course day starts at 9:00 and ends at 17:00.
During the two-day program, we’ll go into the following topics:
- Introducing Lean Portfolio
- Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
- Exam name – SAFe 5 Lean Portfolio Manager Exam (5.0.1)
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
- Exam duration –Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45 questions
- Passing score – 32 out of 45 (71%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the retake policy.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attending this course means that you may be eligible to apply for 15 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
You may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance.
With Lean Portfolio Management one of the five core competencies of a Lean enterprise, getting a better understanding of its principles is the right way to go.
The SAFe Lean Portfolio Management course is intended for those in the following roles or positions:
- Program and/or project managers
- Product managers, Business Owners and business analysts
- Portfolio managers
- Managers, CIOs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure managers
- Product/Program Directors
- Lean-Agile Leaders
- Agile PMO
- Agile change agents
- Period 3 days
- Maximum number of participants:18
- Level:Awareness, Foundation, Advanced, Master
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard